VEGAN PASTA BOLOGNESE
1 cup soya mince (pre-soak in 2 cups hot water, 2 tbsp soya sauce or 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp chilli flakes)
1/2 red pepper finely chopped
1/2 green pepper finely chopped
1 can chopped tomato
12 mushrooms finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive/sunflower/coconut oil
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/8 tsp oregano or mixed Italian herbs
1 x 500g bag pasta shells or dried spaghetti
- In a saucepan, boil up some water with a pinch of sea salt. Once the water has boiled, add the pasta and cook for approx. 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and leave to once side.
- In a frying pan add the oil and sauté the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato, herbs and spices and leave to cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with the pasta and this dish goes well with a mixed lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad and a lemon and olive oil dressing.
- If you fancy some cheese, you can use vegan ‘parmesan’ or grate some Violife cheddar cheese.
**This dish is vegan**
**For a gluten free alternative, use gluten free pasta**
#vegan #glutenfree #bolognese