Vegan pesto is an essential ingredient/condiment in our plant based diet. It is quick and easy to make and is so versatile when it comes to adding it to other foods such as salads, sandwiches, pasta sauces, salad dressings plus so much more.
Here’s how you can make this delicious pesto.
1 cup fresh basil
4 tbsp nutritional yeast (instead of cheese)
3 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts (walnuts work well)
Juice from 1 lemon (& zest if desired)
Salt & black pepper to taste
1 clove garlic if desired
- Simply put all the ingredients into a small food processor/blender and mix until smooth. Taste and add more lemon, salt & pepper if desired. If mix is too thick, add a little cold water.
– add a handful of fresh coriander leaves
– add a slice of fresh red chilli to spice it up
– add 4 pieces of sun-dried tomato
– instead of nutritional yeast you can add grated vegan parmesan (Violife brand works well).
Add as a base to sandwiches, pastas, salads, salad dressings & sauces.