For a delicious and healthy snack, you can’t go wrong with these tasty kale chips.
The good thing about kale is that you can flavour it with pretty much any herb and spice and it will taste great.
1 large pack of kale (450g)
2 tbsp sesame seeds (white, black or mixed)
Pinch of Himalayan pink or sea salt
Optional: pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pre-heat oven to 170C
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and ‘massage’ in gently the oil into the kale leaves
- Place the kale on a flat baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the kale as they can burn quickly
- Mix the kale leaves around and put back to bake for a further 15/20 minutes, until they have coloured to a brown colour NOT black as this will mean they have burnt and will taste bitter
- Enjoy as a great snack or add as a garnish to salads