These pizza’s are made on top of a tortilla wrap because they are not only nutritious, they turn out crispy and delicious. However you can use any base to create delicious and fancy pizzas to suit any taste bud.
4 tortilla wraps
1 pack (250g) Violife cheese grated
Fresh vegetables that you enjoy: I love peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, pineapple, spinach, black olives.
Sprinkling of mixed Italian herbs or just Oregano over the top of the pizza
Black pepper to taste
Tomato base sauce (made from 4 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp sunflower oil)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Place your tortilla wraps on baking trays and spoon on the tomato sauce
- Add a little (1 tbsp) of the cheese to the base
- Top with your favourite veggies
- Top with more cheese and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until crispy)
The good thing about pizzas are that they are flexible in what vegetables you can use, they are fun for the whole family to make, and you can use any base you like. Here are some more options for you to play with.
- Sauce: instead of tomato sauce, you can spread with hummus and top with chunky vine tomatoes and olives, a drizzle of olive oil, bake for 10 minutes then top with chunks of avocado and sesame seeds
- Base: you can use pitta breads, bread thins, sourdough ‘dough’ (my favourite), ready made pizza bases are now freely available in all supermarkets, plain breakfast muffins sliced in half, bagels plus so many other options.
- Gluten Free: If you are gluten intolerant, you can use any GF bread as pizza base options you like as these are now plenty in all supermarkets.
- Cheese: I use VioLife as this has proven to be the best flavoured I have found and melts well. However there are other options to choose from in all supermarkets.