A delicious and healthy starter, dip or simply served on top of toasted sourdough, this dish is an absolute winner for avocado lovers.
There are many combinations of fresh herbs, fruits and veggies you can add and here I will give you the recipe for the main dish however will also highlight at the bottom alternatives that can be used.
3 large avocados, flesh removed
1/2 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I buy the one already marinaded in olive oil as they are soft and delicious)
Juice from 1 lime plus zest
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh coriander
1/2 tsp chilli flakes or fresh red chilli
- Blend all the ingredients except the coriander, until combined to a chunky mix
- Empty mixture into a bowl and add the coriander and mix gently with a spoon.
- Serve on toast or with fresh vegetable crudités and/or corn chips for a delicious and healthy snack.
- Add the flesh of 1/2 mango to the avocado with 1 fresh large vine tomato (no sun-dried tomato)
- Add fresh vine tomato instead of sun-dried tomato
- Toast some sesame seeds and sprinkle on the top before serving (tastes too good)