This is a delicious, nutritious and quick dish to make up, especially for a busy Monday.
1 pack firm tofu (280g)
8-10 Shitake mushrooms
1 pack Mangetout (green beans)
½ red chili
1 inch fresh ginger
1 tbsp. tamari soya sauce
2 tsp tamarind paste
6 tbsp. corn flour/tapioca flour or gluten free plain flour
1 cup brown rice
- Wash rice and place in a saucepan with 2 cups just boiled water, a pinch of sea salt and simmer until cooked (about 30 minutes)
- Drain & rinse the tofu. Cut tofu into 2cm pieces (bite-size)
- In a large bowl, put the corn flour, salt & pepper and mix. Thinly coat the tofu in the corn flour and leave to one side
- Finely chop red chili, peel & grate ginger, slice mushrooms and mangetout
- Sauce: in a bowl mix tamari, tamarind paste, ginger & chilli
- Heat a frying pan/wok with 2 tbsp. of oil and cook the tofu browning all sides
- Add mushrooms & mangetout until softened
- Pour in the sauce
- In a serving bowl put the brown rice and top with tofu and vegetables.
- Optional: garnish with fresh coriander.