Keeping hydrated is so very important, regardless of the time of year, regardless of your age – water is a way of life, water is our life, therefore we need to ensure we drink enough on a daily basis.
Here I share with you a few varieties of drinking naturally ‘flavoured’ water using the wonderful, in my eyes ‘super food’ chia seeds.
As you will see from my other posts, there are numerous benefits to Chia Seeds, hence the importance to start including them in our diet for a natural healthy balance.
Makes 2 litres (which you can make up and consume throughout the day)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 litres fresh filtered water
- In a big jug or bottle, add the chia seeds to 2 litres of water and whisk/mix. You will have to mix regularly for about 5-10 minutes until chia seeds expand.
- Wash the limes, zest one lime and juice that lime. With the other lime, slice it. Add all to the chia seed water.
Enjoy throughout the day. It tastes light, zingy and refreshing. If it is too zingy for you (although so good for the body and alkalising) you can add 1 tbsp of maple syrup to the jug.
– Fresh berries (smashing a few with a fork so the flavour and juices get into the water)
– Fresh herbs (mint, basil, coriander, rosemary)
– Great combinations: mint & cucumber, basil & lime, coriander & lime/lemon/orange, rosemary & blueberry