We all enjoy a weekend full of foods that we love and foods that make us feel ‘gooey’ and warm in side. Pancakes do exactly that! They are a delicious comforting food that are so versatile that they can be eaten with sweet and savoury toppings, and in some cases both (I love tofu scramble, sautéed mushrooms and a drizzle of maple syrup)!
Here is my recipe for delicious fluffy pancakes.
Makes 8 pancakes
150g plain flour
1 tsp sugar (of your choice – I use coconut sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp oil (I use sunflower or rapeseed)
- In a bowl, mix well all the dry ingredients
- Whisk in the wet ingredients to form a thick batter
- In a small frying pan, spray some oil (I use coconut/sunflower ‘Frylight’ oil sprays) and heat the pan before adding the batter
- Put a soup ladle full of the pancake batter into the middle of the frying pan and DO NOT touch the mix until you see bubbles being created and the batter forming a firm base. Once this happens, gently turn the pancake over and cook for about 1 minute. Enjoy!
– Add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to your batter. This adds a delicious flavour to your pancakes!
– For gluten free pancakes, use self raising gluten free flour (I use Dove’s Farm brand), only 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp xanthan gum
– Tofu scramble
– Sautéed mushroom
– Sautéed tomatoes
– Vegan cheese
– Vegan whipped cream/drizzle cream
– Maple syrup